Claire qualified as a Solicitor in 2015 having completed two years of training with the firm. Claire is now an Associate in our Private Client Department.
Claire advises on a variety of private client matters including will drafting, lifetime tax planning, capacity issues, and estate and trust administration.
Claire’s experience includes:
- drafting wills to include trusts to meet a variety of estate planning needs for families and their dependants
- administering a wide range of taxable and non-taxable estates and trusts, including those which comprise business and agricultural property
- advising generally on capacity issues and in particular the creation and use of lasting powers of attorney
- advising individuals and families on the relevant taxes in the context of lifetime tax planning and on the death of an individual
- Prior to commencing her legal studies, Claire pursued a career in fraud investigation with the City of London Police.
Away from the office, Claire enjoys performing with her local theatre group.
Probate: Advising lay executor clients in connection with varying the Estate in order to qualify for the charity exemption (to reduce IHT)
Wills: Preparing tax-efficient Wills and Letters of Wishes for a married couple with complex family arrangements
Wills: Drafting Wills for non-domiciled clients dealing with their UK situs assets
Trusts: Advising Trustees on their claim for Agricultural Property Relief on the termination of a life-interest
Trusts: Advising a client in relation to the establishment of a Trust for his Grandchildren.
Powers of Attorney: Registering an Enduring Power of Attorney on behalf of a client who had lost mental capacity and advising the lay Attorneys in connection with their duties.
Claire Gray is everything you want a good solicitor to be: professional, affable and highly-competent. She brings a strong personal touch to her work as well and I highly recommend her.
Claire Gray handled our late Father’s Estate with a high standard of professionalism and knowledge of this particular area of the law, as well as empathising with us during this painful time, for which we were (and still are) very grateful. Those acting on our behalf were always available to give help and advice.